Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer lovin'

Am I crazy? It is 104º and I'm mourning the end of summer.

The truth is that the end to the summer heat is nowhere in sight, but the beginning of the hustle and bustle of school is right around the corner. I can't believe that 2011 is more than halfway spent. Seriously, how could it have gone this quickly.

We are back from our summer vacation and I feel so close as a family. It is a challenge to keep our family feeling close when our schedule fills up and the pressure to get everything done builds.

I also know that once the school year begins, it breaks the seal to the arrival of the holidays. I know, it is July, and I'm freaking out about the holidays. Stress affects all people differently.

My kids have grown up so much this summer. Alicia has braces, Alison has glasses and Brandon is blossoming into the sweetest, most entertaining little boy. We all enjoy being around him, watching him learn about life. I want to capture the preciousness of today and permanently engrave it into my memory.

The other day at the library, Alicia was watching Brandon for me while I was gathering a bagload of books for checkout. She came up to me and said, "Oh my gosh, Mom, he is so cute!" It wasn't what I was expecting to hear. I never imagined the girls to be as "hooked' on him as I am.

Our family feels complete.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I have been feeling the same way lately. Mourning the end of summer. I actually had some tears over it the other day. I will never have another summer with my kiddos at this precious, fun age. We have been doing a ton of fun summer activities and I don't want it to end as much as they don't want it to. Glad to hear you are all enjoying your little man. What a blessing he is.

    ReplyDelete