Monday, July 19, 2010

We're back!

I’m sporting 43 flaming red mosquito bites as a result of my encounter with Wisconsin. I’m highly allergic to insect, spider, and ant bites. It is just another interesting fact about me. On our way to the small airport from which we flew home, we stopped at an amusement park that I used to enjoy as a child. I don’t quite remember the ferris wheel being so scary. As I was waiting for our girls to slide down the huge slide attraction, the biggest mosquito I had ever seen landed on our little boy’s head. The mosquito was so big, it had it’s own zip code. I scared it away with my overreaction. Then, I was bit by one of these gargantuan creatures, possibly the same offender. Let me tell you, I was done. I wanted to go home now. I regained my composure in order to attempt one final ride. We chose a train ride. Things were going great, that is until the downpour happened. Yep, there we were, ready to depart for home, sitting on a train in a downpour. It happens, what are you going to do?

The short story is that Wisconsin won, and was successful in its mission of sending us back where we came from. I can take a hint! We had a great time seeing everyone on our 10 day adventure, despite my mosquito issues. We are very happy to be home. The desert welcomed our midnight arrival with 105 degree open arms. We also brought with us a few raindrops as our plane was waiting to unload at the gate, but they quickly subsided. Apparently Wisconsin has its limits. So, na-na-nah-boo-boo Wisconsin, you can’t get me here in Arizona.

2 comments:

  1. I know, that ferris wheel is scary. We went a month ago and I had Grace in tears and Riley hiding his head in my lap! I thought the big slide was scary too, although the kids loved it.
    Glad you are home safe. It was great to see you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jilly. Brandon was so terrified on the ferris wheel. I felt so bad for him. He got better. He wanted to go on the helicopter ride afterwards, so maybe we didn't scar him for life.

    ReplyDelete