Monday, March 7, 2011

Thumbs up



I finally found the opportunity I was looking for. Brandon and I were playing with our neighbors. He was having the time of his life racing behind his friend's cool, super dump truck. I asked him if he wanted one for himself. "Seems too good to be true," he must have thought. "I wonder what's the catch." There is always a catch.

Right you are! When my middle daughter was 2.5 years old, this is the route we took to get her potty trained.....fast! Only she didn't want a truck. She wanted Boots, the trusty monkey friend of Dora the Explorer.

Here is the catch. If you want the monkey/truck, than you must poop in the potty FIVE times. That is it. If he is ready, like she was, we will be shopping for a new truck soon. When we were making the poster, he couldn't decide which super dump truck sticker to pick. He said they were all "too puffy." So apparently, even trucks have the equivalent to bad hair days. Good to know!

So in the end, we settled on the Monster Truck. It didn't look puffy at all. So the game is on. I'll keep you posted. 10-4.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great incentive. I can't believe he is ready for potty training already. What a big boy. Go Brandon!
    Hopefully you have better luck than I did. Riley was over 3 before he was trained...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say 10-40,like on a CB back in the day of older people than myself. Update. He is still not potty-trained. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete