Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Great Expectations


















I find that when I’m most unhappy, it is because my reality isn’t following the path of my great expectations. I have a choice. I can wallow in all of the ways my life has strayed from my master plan, or I can open my eyes and watch what is actually happening all around me.

To expect is to attempt to control the outcome. To watch is to allow the outcome.


Our reality may be different than we had planned, but it is ours to experience and enjoy. Be thankful, take a deep breath, open your eyes, and walk on. Feel free to take the scenic view.


1 comment:

  1. Good to remember. Especially for those of us that tend to be a bit controlling!
    Sometimes I find that while I'm stressing about all the stuff I have to get done or am not getting done, I am missing the joy right in front of me. Let's all take a deep breath...

    ReplyDelete