Monday, October 18, 2010

Got java?

I was recovering from my 8 year old's sleepover birthday party. I woke up and started my coffee maker. Let me restate that. I woke up and attempted to start my coffee maker. It was broken. I was flabbergasted. What was I going to do? I had to have coffee. I almost cried.

But then I thought that cowboys somehow made coffee without a coffee maker. I'm sure I've seen it on TV.

This is what we came up with.




The chop stick contraption nicely held the strainer in place so that we didn't accidentally lose the grounds. I understand that this isn't an ideal outfit here, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Short story: Coffee? Check. Caffeine level achieved? Check. A quick trip to Bed Bath & Beyond set us straight. Phew! God bless the automatic coffee maker. It is just one less thing. Yee-ha.

4 comments:

  1. I have actually tried something similar to this before and ran into the problem of the filter splitting open on the bottom because there was no support! Funny what we will attempt when desperate! Nice set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those corks lined up on your backsplash???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! Of course not. They are a great decorative element!

    ReplyDelete